Near Death Experiences (NDEs) are reported by individuals who have come close to death or have been declared clinically dead but are later revived. While these experiences can vary widely from person to person, there are some common elements that people often report:
- Out-of-Body Experience (OBE): Many people report feeling like they have left their bodies and can see their own bodies and the surrounding environment from an outside perspective.
- Tunnel Experience: Some individuals describe moving through a tunnel toward a bright light. This light is often described as loving and welcoming.
- Feelings of Peace and Bliss: People often report feelings of profound peace, love, and joy during NDEs. They may describe a sense of being in the presence of a divine or higher being.
- Encounters with Deceased Loved Ones: Some individuals report meeting deceased relatives or friends during their NDEs. These encounters are often described as real and vivid.
- Life Review: Many people describe seeing significant events from their lives, often from the perspective of the people they interacted with. This life review is often accompanied by a deep sense of understanding and self-reflection.
- Encounters with Beings of Light: Some individuals report encounters with beings of light or angelic entities. These beings are often described as radiating love and wisdom.
- Decision to Return: Despite the feelings of peace and love, some people are given a choice to return to their bodies and their earthly lives. Those who choose to return often do so because they have unfinished business or because they are needed to fulfill a certain purpose.
- Changed Attitudes and Beliefs: Many individuals who have had NDEs report profound changes in their attitudes and beliefs. They may become less materialistic and more focused on spiritual or meaningful pursuits. They often lose their fear of death, believing that consciousness continues after the physical body dies.